During a hurricane
Download the Family Hurricane Guide.
Sheltering in place as a family
- Storms can be scary for children. Talk to your family about what’s happening, and keep games and toys on hand to entertain.
- Remember, the power might go out. Plan games and activities that don't need electricity.
- Read more about sheltering in place.
Evacuating as a family
- During a mandatory evacuation, estimate that it will take 4 times longer than usual to get to your destination by car.
- Bring toys and games to entertain your kids.
- Read more about evacuation.
Extra Supplies for Infants