Downtown Irish Club St. Patrick's Day Parade
View in parade tracker
The City of New Orleans has granted a permit to the 2022 Downtown Irish Parade. As always, please take care in large crowds and report suspicious activity to public safety officials.
Thursday, March 17th, 2022
5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. (formation begins at 5:00 PM, parade rolls at 7:00 PM)
Marigny, French Quarter & CBD
Parking enforcement personnel will be monitoring for illegal parking.
- Pay close attention to posted signs.
- Don't block hydrants, driveways and sidewalks.
- Don't park within 20 feet of a crosswalk, intersection, or stop sign.
- Park in the direction of travel on one-way streets and with the right wheel to the curb on two-way streets.
- Call 504-658-8100 for parking enforcement.
Thursday, March 17, 2 hours before through 2 hours after parade.
Before the parade begins or when crowd size warrants, the New Orleans Police Department will close the route to vehicles. Plan ahead and avoid streets that intersect with the parade route. Track the lead and tail of the parade as it rolls with our parade tracker at routewise.nola.gov.
Expect delays and detours on the following RTA services during the event:
- 47-Canal Street Cemeteries Streetcar
- 48-Canal Street City Park Streetcar
- 55-Elysian Fields
All RTA service alerts, updates, and detours can be accessed by downloading the RTA’s GoMobile app. To learn more, visit www.norta.com or call Ride Line at 504-248-3900.
- START: Elysian Fields Ave & Royal St.
- Proceed down Royal St. to Frenchmen St., stop at DBA, (618 Frenchmen St.)
- Left on Frenchman St. (against traffic) stop at Club 13 (517 Frenchman St).
- Right on Decatur St, stop at Molly's at the Market (1107 Decatur St.), Turtle Bay (1119 Decatur St.), and Ryan's Irish Pub (241 Decatur St.)
- Cross Canal St. and turn left on Gravier St., stop at Little Bar on Gravier (510 Gravier St)
- Right on Tchoupitoulas St.
- Cross Poydras St, stop at Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant (701 Tchoupitoulas St.)
- DISBAND: 401 Andrew Higgins Blvd. (Ugly Dog Saloon and BBQ)