Louisiana receives an RPA Deadline Extension for Hurricane Ida
The State of Louisiana received a federal major Disaster Declaration authorizing FEMA Public Assistance Funding. The FEMA declaration issued on August 29, 2021 is DR-4611. The incident period for this event is August 26, 2021 thru September 3rd. On February 9, 2022, FEMA extended the deadline to submit Requests for Public Assistance by 30 days until March 11, 2022
The following parishes are approved for Categories A-G:
- Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St Helena, St. Mary, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Washington, and West Feliciana Parishes
The following parishes are already approved for Category A and Category B only:
- Iberia and West Baton Rouge Parishes
All other Louisiana Parishes have been approved for Category B (Emergency Protective Measures).
Requests for Public Assistance (RPA) can be submitted by going to www.LouisianaPA.com and clicking the large red banner. Then simply follow the online instructions as it pertains to your entity. As a result of this amendment, the deadline to submit your RPA has been extended by FEMA until Friday, March 11, 2022.
How to Request Public Assistance
To submit your RPA via www.LouisianaPA.com, simply go to the website and click the large Red banner. It will provide instructions on how to submit if you already have an account or how to register for an account if your entity does not already have one. The Disaster number for this event is FEMA-DR-LA-4611.
To submit your RPA via Grants Portal, you will need to login to the website and submit your Applicant Event Profile. Please make sure to submit for the correct disaster number FEMA-DR-LA-4611.
If you are a non-profit organization (PNP), please provide the following documentation with your RPA submission:
- Evidence of Tax-Exempt Status. A letter from the IRS or information from the La. Sec. of State showing that you are an active
- in good standing non-profit operating under State law
- Evidence of Ownership or Legal responsibility for a facility. This can be for any facility for which you are legally responsible. It
- does not necessarily have to be a damaged facility, just one for which your entity is legally responsible. This documentation can
- be in the form of a Mortgage Statement, Deed, Lease, Property Tax Report, or a Property Structure Insurance Policy (full policy).
- Articles of Incorporation/bylaws of your organization. These are whatever documents used to govern your organization to state
- its purpose and how it operates.
For any questions regarding this event or your RPA submission, please email . For any other questions, please contact your State Applicant Liaison (SAL). If you are unaware of whom your SAL is you may email to find out.
Additional information, State forms, and frequently asked questions can be found by visiting LAPA
Should you have any questions, you may send them to RPA.Help@la.gov or to your State Applicant Liaison (SAL).
If you have questions, please contact your State Applicant Liaison (SAL) or feel free to utilize the following help email boxes:
Grants Management: LAPA.GrantsManagement@la.gov
Regarding contract procurement: GOHSEPLegal@la.gov
Requests for Public Assistance: RPA.Help@la.gov
Regarding help with the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): MOU.firstname.lastname@example.org
State Applicant Liaisons: PASALS@LA.GOV
General Questions: GOHSEPPA@la.gov