Emergency Resources Centers (ERCs) are designed to provide residents access during the day to information, community, and disaster resources in the event of an extended power outage, extreme cold, and/or extreme heat conditions.
The activation of ERCs depend on the severity of damages to the building post-storm, city staffing capacity and access to power, which means that it is not a guarantee that all 15 locations would be activated at a given time.
The City of New Orleans has designated the following 15 city-owned properties as potential ERCs:
- Sanchez Multi-Service Center, 1616 Fats Domino Ave.
- Carrollton (Hollygrove) Multi-Service Center, 3300 Hamilton St.
- Arthur Monday Center, 1111 Newton St.
- Nix Public Library, 1401 S. Carrollton Ave.
- Milton H. Latter Public Library, 5120 St. Charles Ave.
- Cita Dennis Hubbell Library, 725 Pelican Ave.
- Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive
- Cut-Off Community Center, 6600 Belgrade St.
- Gernon Brown Recreation Center, 1001 Harrison Ave.
- Rosenwald Recreation Center,1120 S. Broad St.
- Treme Recreation Community Center, 900 N. Villere St.
- Joe Brown Recreation Center, 5601 Read Blvd
- Stallings St. Claude Recreation Center, 4300 St. Claude Ave.
- Lyons Recreation Center, 624 Louisiana Ave.
- Milne Recreation Center, 5420 Franklin Ave.