Plan for Emergencies
Emergency Resources Centers (ERCs) are designed to provide residents access during the day to information, community, and disaster resources in the event of an extended power outage, extreme cold, and/or extreme heat conditions.
The activation of ERCs depend on the severity of damages to the building post-storm, city staffing capacity and access to power, which means that it is not a guarantee that all 15 locations would be activated at a given time.
The City of New Orleans has designated the following 15 city-owned properties as potential ERCs:
- Sanchez Multi-Service Center, 1616 Fats Domino Ave.
- Carrollton (Hollygrove) Multi-Service Center, 3300 Hamilton St.
- Arthur Monday Center, 1111 Newton St.
- Nix Public Library, 1401 S. Carrollton Ave.
- Milton H. Latter Public Library, 5120 St. Charles Ave.
- Cita Dennis Hubbell Library, 725 Pelican Ave.
- Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive
- Cut-Off Community Center, 6600 Belgrade St.
- Gernon Brown Recreation Center, 1001 Harrison Ave.
- Rosenwald Recreation Center,1120 S. Broad St.
- Treme Recreation Community Center, 900 N. Villere St.
- Joe Brown Recreation Center, 5601 Read Blvd
- Stallings St. Claude Recreation Center, 4300 St. Claude Ave.
- Lyons Recreation Center, 624 Louisiana Ave.
- Milne Recreation Center, 5420 Franklin Ave.