City of New Orleans is activating the City’s Freeze Plan and will open three (3) overnight Emergency Resource Centers/Warming Centers starting at 6 PM Thursday through 6 PM Monday at the following locations:
- Joe Brown Recreation Center (5601 Read Blvd) – ONLY LOCATION THAT CAN ACCOMMODATE PETS
- Rosenwald Recreation Center (1120 S. Broad St.)
- Cut-Off Recreation Center (6600 Belgrade St.)
Each of these sites will also have cots, hot evening meals, water/warm beverages, and charging stations available.
While encouraged to stay indoors during this freeze activation, residents may come and go as they please at each warming center. Individuals are NOT required to register or stay overnight.
For those using public transit to travel to an Overnight Warming Center:
- The 9 Broad – Napoleon bus line stops at the Joe Brown Recreational Center and Rosenwald Recreational Center
- The 114A Garden Oaks – Sullen or 103 General Meyer Local bus lines stop near the Cut-Off Recreational Center.
Those needing assistance with transit planning can contact the RTA Rideline at 504-248-3900, use our trip planner on our website at https://www.norta.com/, or use our transit app RTA Le Pass.