Post-Algiers Tornado Traffic Impacts
Due to severe weather damages and debris on Dec 14, heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic is expected in Algiers.
Traffic will be restricted in the impacted areas. Residents are encouraged to be patient and to prepare for heavy vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
ALTERNATE TRAFFIC ROUTES
From Algiers Point (towards CBD):
General Meyer to LB Landry to Mardi Gras to Crescent City Connection.
From other areas (towards CBD):
Gen. Degaulle to Crescent City Connection.
RTA services, including bus and streetcar service, may be interrupted during this event. Details on any route changes are available at norta.com or by calling the Rideline at 504-248-3900.
Buses currently on Detour:
#8- St. Claude, #86- St. Maurice, #84- Galvez
- Service terminates at St. Maurice
#103-General Meyer Local
- No service on General Meyer between Shirley Drive and Holiday Drive.
- No service on General Meyer between Pace and Holiday Drive.
- Shirley at Lawrence Southbound
- Odeon at Gen Meyer North and Southbound
- Tita at Gen Meyer Southbound
- Murl at Gen Meyer Southbound
General Meyer is open to traffic.