Rolling Power Outages Until Midnight
Power outages are scattered throughout New Orleans due to a mandatory request from MISO Energy for Entergy New Orleans to shed power. These rolling outages are expected to last until midnight. Due to cold temperatures and the winter storm across the South, the demand for electricity has reached an all-time high. These rolling outages have been ordered by MISO in order to prevent a more extensive, prolonged power outage.
If your power is out:
If you have power, please reduce energy use:
- Lower the central thermostat to 68 degrees and adjust window units accordingly.
- Use energy-efficient ceiling fans and portable fans to circulate air to help with your comfort.
- Delay laundry, washing dishes, bathing and other non-essential uses of electricity until this appeal for conservation has ended.
- Wash clothes with cold water, cook foods at the lowest possible setting and refrain from opening the oven door while baking.
- Don’t allow warmed air to escape from the home.